October 22, 2012

Aubrey: 4 Months (17 Weeks)

Weight: 15lbs 2oz

Height: 25.5" (90th percentile!) My goodness you're tall!

Health: Still postponing vaccines. You have a bit of a cough, but the doc said its nothing to worry about. Also, we learned that a lot of breastfed babies are Vitamin D deficient, so we now have a prescription for Vitamin D drops! Aaaaand, you may need an ultrasound done soon to make sure your spinal cord formed properly. The doctor noticed a dimple by your tailbone and just wants to be sure everything is fine. I think you're fine. I have the same dimple, so I think it's just a genetic quirk.

Sleep: Every morning you wake me up at 7:30am. We've been trying to set you down more while napping. Its been difficult on all of us, but there have been several times you've stayed asleep or fallen asleep on your own. Those times are awesome!

Diet: We started giving you some frozen smoothies a few weeks ago, but they seemed to upset your stomach even though you loved it! I just realized a few days ago, it was 'toddler' food, which explains a lot. So, we got some Gerber 1st foods for you to try. So far you're still mostly breast milk fed, so you've only tried the banana food, but you liked it! We also bought a small can of formula to try so I won't have to pump before you get babysat, but you despised it! I don't blame you, it was nasty! Very bitter, sour, and chalky. Your Grandma Chelton tried giving you coconut milk one time, which you took (probably because its sweet).
Update 10/30: You do take formula, but you prefer breast milk. Although its been nice when we're out so I don't have to worry about flashing people anymore. And by the way, in case anyone is interested, I've learned that to introduce baby food the correct way is to mix 1 teaspoon of baby food with 4-5 teaspoons of formula or breast milk. Then gradually replace 1 teaspoon of milk with 1 teaspoon of food. Oops!

Daddy feeding you bananas
Clothes: Many of your 0-3 months clothes are getting way too small, and as the weather gradually cools down I've been enjoying putting tights on you. Ahhh, I love having a girl!

Let me just say, I love this headband!
Diapers: We've put a halt on cloth diapering until further notice. Although I love the money we save, I just don't have the time or energy right now to keep up with it. Especially with you growing so quickly! But you've been fine in your Pampers Swaddlers; no diaper rash, no irritation, and gradually moving into a size 3 might I add! You little chunker! :)

Baby Gear: I've figured out how to use my Karma Baby sling! I can hip carry you since you are much better about holding yourself up! We've been using our stroller more now that we moved and you actually fell asleep facing forward in it. It has a 5-point harness, you're still a bit too small, but you weren't falling out of it haha We've also had you sitting in this bouncer with toys all around it, although I'm not sure what its actually called. An activity center?

Crying: Uhhhmmm, yeah...you scream. A LOT! It's very annoying. We're trying to teach you not to scream when you cry by giving you a stern 'no.' You only scream when you're really upset, like you want to nurse but we give you the pacifier to hold you off.

Likes: You still love Pocoyo, but we've been trying to introduce new shows, like Wonder Pets (which you like even though its the most annoying show ever)! And you love having something to chew on, whether its your hands or a toy.

Milestones: Sleeping without being held for some naps, enjoying tummy time, almost laughing again, and almost rolling over! :) You're getting to be so much more fun now!

Difficulties: Definitely teething. It seems you cry for no reason; its frustrating and saddening. I wish we could communicate better, but since we just started teaching you sign language it may be a while! 

Postpartum:
Zack & I have gym memberships now, which is awesome! They even have a free childcare center, but you have to be at least 6 months to be taken there. Booooo!! So I get to go about every 3 days while your Grandma Chelton watches you. It's nice to get an hour to spend time with just Zack. Although I feel horrible leaving you with my mom because its not her job to watch you, its mine, and I don't like relying on her. It makes me feel irresponsible. So basically I can't actually get back in shape until the New Year; I guess that can be my "New Year's Resolution..." maybe. I'm not really into that kind of thing.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts