December 24, 2012

Christmas Chex Mix

Every year growing up we'd have Chex Mix during the Christmas season, whether my dad made it fresh in our kitchen or my grandma sent it in a Ziploc bag with our Christmas presents. Its a tradition I continued when I started my own family. So every year I make the most delicious Chex Mix ever (if I do say so myself!) Just a warning, this mix is addicting; you'll find yourself nibbling on it all day long! Here's what you need:

Ingredients
  • 3 Cups of Corn Chex
  • 3 Cups of Rice Chex
  • 3 Cups of Wheat Chex
  • 1 Cup of Nuts (optional)
  • 1 Cup of Pretzels (optional)
  • 1 Cup of Bagel Chips (optional)
  • 6 Tablespoons of Butter (not margarine)
  • 2 Tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Seasoned Salt
  • 3/4 Teaspoons of of Garlic Powder (or Garlic Salt)
  • 1/2 Teaspoons of Onion Powder (or Onion Salt)
  • Large Aluminum Tin (usually used for cooking turkey in)
  1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
  2. In the large aluminum tin, mix cereal and nuts, pretzels, and bagel chips (optional).
  3. In a medium bowl, combine Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and seasoned salt.
  4. In a small pot, melt butter on a low temperature on the stove, stirring often so it doesn't burn.
  5. Add melted butter to Worcestershire sauce mix, stir, and pour slowly over cereal mix until evenly coated.
  6. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
  7. Let cool and enjoy! 
My favorite part of Chex Mix has always been the cereal. I've always picked out the pretzels, nuts, and bagel chips, so we only add nuts or pretzels to ours. This stuff goes fast! So grab some and stash it somewhere for yourself, seriously, you'll thank me later. If you're planning on serving this at a Christmas party I would double or triple the recipe.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts