You know those nasty, brown bananas that you throw away? I've got a perfect and delicious solution to them! If you're anything like me, you never ever make it through a bunch of bananas before they go bad. It never occurred to me to make banana bread with them. Seriously, this stuff is sooo good! Here's what you need:
- 4 overly ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Handful of almonds (or any nut, optional), chopped
- Bread or loaf pan
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together bananas and butter.
3. Mix in sugar. egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt.
4. Slowly add in flour until well blended, then stir in nuts.
5. Pour mixture into buttered or oiled pan (believe it or not, you only need one).
6. Bake for 1 hour, let cool, and serve.
My favorite way to eat this is hot (microwave for about 10 seconds) with butter on it. Delicious.